When to go to a pedicurist?
Do you doubt the health of your feet?
In general we do not often look or take care of our feet. To timely react to possible discomforts with a treatment and have an optimal result, it is advices to regulary inspect your feet.
With each complaint to the foot a visit to a pedicurist can give you insight for a proper treatment or referral to a specialist. It is therefore adviceable to seek advice when experiencing any foot discomfort. Examples of discomforts:
- Pain to the heel
- Fungal nail/discoloration of the toenails
- Ingrown toenail
- Pain to the toes
- Pain to the sole of the feet
- Open wounds
- Discomfort to the toenails
- Hammer toe
- Each type of irritation or inconvenience to the bottom side of the foot
- Experiencing pain when walking or while sleeping
- Ervaring van pijn tijdens wandelen of tijdens de slaap
- Every abnormal swelling or numbness
Each of these symptoms can be a sign of an underlying cause, which can be treated by a pedicurist or another specialist. A pedicurist is fully specialized in the care and treatment of the feet. This can be cosmetically or medically. A pedicurist treats various complaints to the feet and toes and can contribute to your feet to keep it them as healthy as possible.
A pedicurist treats various complaints to the feet, such as:
- Taking care of the nails and nail surrounding
- Removing excessive caluses or other corn types
- Treatment of fungal nail or ingrown nails
- Special treatment for people with an increased risk for foot problems –
In addition to these treatments a pedicurist can also give advice or a referral to a physician or podiatrist.